Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Fire it up on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
“If our medical cannabis smoking has anything to do with your children, positive or negative, you as a parent need help.”
Welcome to episode 61 of the Hot Box podcast. If you’re new to the show, every Tuesday and Saturday evening Sandy and myself get together and present you with the most current marijuana related news stories. The kicker is, we bring you the actual TRUTH about what’s going on. There is a lot of piss poor biased “journalism” going on out there, and we feel like it’s our duty to sift through the bullshit and get to the real story. The bottom line is this. Cannabis has been around for as long as man has walked the earth. There have never been any fatalities attributed to cannabis, and the more research is done, the more we are finding out all sorts of amazing things this plant can be used for. Medical, agricultural, recreational, economical, etc… The list goes on and on. We are fighting an upward battle against people who are lost to any and all logical thinking and reasonable decision making. Their crusade is one powered by lies and misinformation, scare tactics and fear mongering. The unfortunate thing is that this group happens to be very well funded by the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Creepy right? Like why does the Mormon church, or in particular, this human (brother Steve Zabawa) have any stake in whether or not medical marijuana gets repealed in Montana. It’s all messed up, and these people aren’t trying to make it better. They are making things much worse. If this repeal happens, you are going to destroy all of the progress that has been made up until this point. Just like that you create over 28,000 brand new criminals that the justice system has to spend money it doesn’t have dealing with. Not to mention how much extra money it will cost to keep the really sick “criminals” alive while in jail. Repeal will have such a negative impact on our state that the fall out from what you have done will create more danger for your children than this harmless, helpful plant ever could have. Please, on behalf of the Hot Box podcast and all of the patients and caregivers and dispensary workers and owners, please pull your collective heads out of your asses and let’s fix this thing. We all know repeal is NOT the answer.
– Watch the Hot Box live every Tuesday and Saturday at 7pm PST. 10pm EST on Hot Box TV. If you do that, you can call the show live and share your thoughts, whether for or against marijuana. 406.204.4687.
– Safe Community Safe Kids is the main force in this ridiculous repeal. I have asked numerous times for someone from their group to come on the show and debate this issue with us. Guess what? No reply. They also feel that censoring their website and YouTube comments is a good idea and proof that they are correct. The internet is see through, if you try to hide or censor thoughts and ideas online, that means you are WRONG.
– In some happy news, happy birthday to our good friend and fellow medical marijuana crusader, Irvin Rosenfeld. You’ve done so much good in the 58 years you’ve been on this planet, and we look forward to at least another 58 more years. Thank you for everything you’ve done for the medical marijuana movement. Without you, we wouldn’t be near as far as we are.
– Donate some cash and help the Hot Box get to the Garden City Cannabis Expo! We would really love to go and stream some stuff live and do a show there. If you live in Montana, we HIGHLY recommend you try and go to this. It’s going to be an amazing experience. Come join us April 9th and 10th at the University of Montana UC Ballroom. Saturday is a beginner growing class for $50, and Sunday is an intermediate / advanced growing class for $75. PRO TIP: sign up for both classes, that way you only pay $100. You’re welcome! Oh yeah, did I mention ED ROSENTHAL is going to be there instructing the classes? Check out his blog. He has a lot of great information, and if you haven’t already, we highly recommend getting his books.
– So if you would like to go, or if you would like a booth, call Logan at 406.274.0385. It’s going to be a great time filled with a vast plethora of cannabis information. Bring your thinking cap and your notebook, because you’re going to want to take notes. Did I also mention that there will be exhibitions and great educational information free to the general public? That’s right I said FREE! Talks include everything from extracting cannabis, attorney Chris Lindsey speaking about legislation, talks on choosing the right caregiver, and the importance of activism. We really hope we’ll see you there!
– We sold a copy of the amazingly informative and entertaining book, “My Medicine” by Irvin Rosenfeld. Get yourself a copy at mymedicinethebook.com Make sure you tell them Sandy and Mat from the Hot Box podcast sent you!
– The next meeting on the Montana medical marijuana repeal is March 11th 2011 at 8 am in State Capital room 303. And remember, no fuck you Tshirts. Also, probably no wayhigh patrol shirts. Do you want some wayhigh patrol stickers? Send us some cash and pre order yours today. If we don’t have your state, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request it.
– You are drawing the wrong kind of publicity to the industry. Now is not the time to be all in your face and “shocking” with your advertising. If you can’t get people to frequent your shop solely on your service and product, then maybe you should try and get into a different line of work. This is about the patients. Remember? Be respectful and think about what you are doing.
– Sandy shares with us the information that the safe commie mommies sent to the legislature. How can you sleep at night knowing you are lying to the people who are running our country. It’s super sad to me that the legislature is buying into this bullshit. I mean do a freaking Google search before you repeal something that will turn over 28,000 Montanan’s into criminals. I am appalled. Read over how the party lines are split on this one. The republicans think medical marijuana will destroy the world, and the democrats are thinking rationally. Weird right?
– Of course, for a little compare and contrast, here is a story about Oxycontin and sex trafficking. Tisk Tisk. He was a doctor too. Maybe we should repeal medical opiates while we’re at it.
– Hey New Mexico, you should really take a minute and think long and hard about what you are doing before you follow in Montana’s footsteps and repeal your medical marijuana law. That is not going to be good for Montana, and it isn’t going to be good for you.
– Just so you know Mr. Milburn, cocaine is a schedule 2, not schedule 1. You should really get your information straight before you go trying to shove it down our throats.
– So riddle me this, if two people who have the power to make political decisions find themselves in the position where they have conflicting views, how do we come to a rational decision? We use scientific logic and evidence to figure out the right and wrong answer. Seems pretty simple to me, so what’s the problem? We know marijuana is not harmful. What are you waiting for?
– Let’s take a look at what happens when alcohol is introduced into the equation. When your argument is alcohol fueled, someone is bound to get shot.
– Thanks for joining us and we’ll see you next time! Come check out the new Hot Box section on the Jamhole Forums. Email us at email@example.com and leave us a message for the show at 406.204.4687. Check out our YouTube page for tons of great informative talks on cannabis. Remember, you can also leave comments on the episode posts, and view the site on your mobile device. It’s sexy!