Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Fire it up on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
“Hey, have you signed the petition yet?”
Ok, time for one more. Are we still seriously putting people in jail for cannabis? Silly humans. This next piece is about how our good friend Denton Ramsey, as I’m sure most of you, really don’t care for those silly magazines you see when you check out at the grocery store. This one in particular that got his goat is called Seventeen. The only reason we’re even putting this magazine on our lips is because they apparently had a piece about how smoking cannabis makes you fat and ugly. I’m not even going to wonder how he found out about such an article. Probably subscribed to some random RSS feed that just so happened to have Seventeen in it. Sure Denton, sure. Buckle in kids, it’s going to be a long, sad, bumpy ride. Without further ado, I present to you the musings of Denton Ramsey.
From Pot Head Patriot Games to Seventeen Slander, Cannabis Chaos Out Of Control
By Denton Ramsey,
Waco of NORML Inc. Director of Volunteers
Seventeen magazine, and the BS they shovel out on a consistent basis, making me speechless is really nothing new.
What is new is the fact that Seventeen’s latest slander revolves around the use of cannabis. According to a story in the latest issue of the mag, cannabis use can make you fat and ugly. Seriously?
Say it with me now: REEFER MADNESS.
It’s sad enough that Seventeen slams the looks of already beautiful women on a daily basis. But this takes the bull shiz gold.
In other reefer madness news, its appears as though individuals attempting to smuggle a small amount of cannabis to an inmate will now be treated as terrorists. Let’s just call it pot head patriot games.
In a story published in Tuscaloosa News, a woman attempting to sneak cannabis to an inmate fled to a vehicle that attempted to leave the jail; the result was heavy use of armed forces surrounding the car. Even then, the woman refused to open the doors as a SWAT team surrounded her vehicle, eventually arresting the suspect.
All this chaos and over-use and abuse of law enforcement over a small bag of cannabis? Give me a break!
I thought Seventeen had bolted with the reefer madness gold, but the cannabis chaos in Alabama made it a pretty tight race to the finish with the Tuscaloosa news taking this week’s silver medal. When will we learn, ladies and gentlemen, that the lies and government slander over this plant will not end until cannabis is fully legalized?
Sixteen states in America have taken steps in the right direction. Now it’s time for this country, and the rest of the world, to follow suit…
– Denton Ramsey
Thanks Denton, even after all these years of following the ridiculous things humans do, it never ceases to amaze me. I mean, I guess if I had all this awesome swat gear, I would want people to do fucked up shit to eachother just so I could have a chance to use it. Maybe if we give our law officers bouncy balls or yo yo’s or something, they wouldn’t be so gung ho crazy nuts to wanna bust down someone’s door just because they got a new battering ram. Oh well, I guess that’s the bed we’ve made for ourselves. On the bright side, here’s what you need to know…
– Are you going to do something about it? Swing by the MTCIA and show some support. They are still looking for petition signature gatherers. They can always use money too. But hey, who can’t?
– Leave a message for the show at 406.204.4687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you follow the Hot Box on Twitter, and like the Hot Box Facebook page. Then invite your friends to do the same. We also have a shared forums with The Jamhole over at Hotboxpodcast.com/forums. Participation is key.
– Do you own a television? Well turn that thing off. It does nothing good for you. Ask yourself, would this help me survive in a post apocalyptic world? IF the answer is NO, then get rid of it. It’s time to buckle down.
– Get educated with this 55 page look into the stats of crime, economy, and medical cannabis in Montana.
– Are you registered to vote? Well then you are all done here. But if you aren’t, download the voter registration pdf and get it done. This applies to Montana.